I HAVE used this recipe since I was a bride and through the years it was a favorite with my husband and our growing family of three boys. We usually consumed the entire round steak in one meal. The flavor that makes it unique is the touch of rosemary.
Recommended: 28 Romantic Dinners for Valentines Day (or Any Day!)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- Broil steaks 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over steaks. Broil 2 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sizzling Country Steak in Reminisce Extra September 2007