Sizzling Ancho Ribeyes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, chili pepper and pepper; rub over steaks. In another small bowl, beat butter and chipotle peppers until blended.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with chipotle butter.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with about 1 tablespoon butter: 867 calories, 66g fat (29g saturated fat), 232mg cholesterol, 1926mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 61g protein.
Jun 18, 2011
The steaks with the rub were excellent. The chipotle butter was a bit too spicy for me - I liked it, but there was no way we could use all of it, so I would probably make half the butter for the same amount of steak next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.