Sizzling Ancho Ribeyes for Two
We love the taste of chipotle chili on just about anything. This simple, delicious recipe proves that chipotle pairs perfectly with grilled steak. —Angela Spengler, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ancho chile pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced plus 1/4 teaspoon adobo sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, chile pepper and pepper; rub over steaks.
- In another small bowl, beat the butter, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce until blended.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 5-7 minutes on each side. Serve with chipotle butter.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with about 1 tablespoon butter: 860 calories, 66g fat (29g saturated fat), 232mg cholesterol, 1221mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 61g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Ancho Chili Ribeyes with Chipotle-Butter Glaze in Taste of Home April/May 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.