Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1-1/2 cups sliced onions
- 3/4 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- In large bowl, combine the vegetables. Add butter, tapioca, sugar, salt and pepper; mix well. Transfer to an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with onions. Bake 20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 107 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 9, 2011
if you add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup of milk then top with the onions.they will lick the dish clean.
Dec 12, 2010
This is a great recipe and I would recommend to everyone. If you don't like a certain vegetable, substitute water chestnuts.