Six-Veggie Bake Recipe
"I altered the original recipe for this strata-like dish and replaced the sausage with fresh vegetables," writes Kate Hilts of Fairbanks, Alaska. "I can easily assemble it the night before a busy day. Then all I have to do for dinner is bake it and make a salad."
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg substitute, seasoning blend and pepper; pour over the vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 128 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 meat.
Reviews for Six-Veggie Bake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC