Sittin Pretty Peanut Cookies
For fun cookies that look as good as they taste, try this easy recipe. They have lots of peanut flavor, fluffy frosting middles and holiday-colored peanut M&M's on top.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped peanuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup vanilla frosting
- Peanut M&M's
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, beat egg white. Dip balls in egg white, then roll in peanuts. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven; using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Fill centers with vanilla frosting and top with M&M's.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 252 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Sittin' Pretty Peanut Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.