Sister Schubert’s Banana Bread
Recipe provided by Sister Schubert's®
Total Time1 Hour 25 min.
- 1 package Sister Schubert's Parker House Style Rolls, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 large ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans and line them with parchment paper.
- Place the Sister Schubert's Parker House Style Rolls into the boll of a food processor and pulse the rolls until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. You should have about 4 cups of crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas and milk.
- Pour oil into a large mixing bowl and whisk in the sugar. Add one egg at a time whisking together after each addition. Mix in the bananas. Fold in the flour and breadcrumbs and mix well. Stir in nuts or chips.
- Divide the mixture evenly between each prepared pan. Place pans on the middle rack of the oven and bake 60 to 65 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the loaves on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely. Slice and serve. Wrap remaining bread in plastic wrap to keep fresh.
This recipe can easily be divided in half to make one loaf of bread.
Originally published as Banana Bread in Sister Schubert
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.