- 2/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 16 fresh baby portobello or large white mushrooms, halved
- 2 medium red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade in another large resealable plastic bag; add vegetables. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate beef and vegetables for up to 4 hours.
- If grilling the kabobs, coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade from beef. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning three times. Baste frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSirloin Veggie Kabobs
"Very good. Liked the refreshing balsamic flavor that comes through and not so heavy that you lose the fresh flavor of the meat and veggies."
"easy and delicious. The main flavor you'll taste is the balsamic vinegar."