- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) whole baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- Set aside seasoning packets from noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup broth until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink. Add soy sauce; cook for 3-4 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove beef and keep warm.
- Add the corn, broccoli, red pepper, carrots, onions and remaining broth to the pan. Sprinkle with contents of seasoning packets. Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles. Add beef and noodles to pan; heat through. Garnish with peanuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSirloin Stir-Fry with Ramen Noodles
"Pretty bland. Added some hoisen sauce to mine to give it a little extra flavor. Next time I would leave out the seasoning packets and add some oriental sauce with more flavor. I only used one can of baby corn and that was plenty."
"We loved it! Kids included! I would suggest having all ingredients washed, cut and ready to toss in. ;) *Things I did different: I used 1.5 lbs sirloin steak. I drained almost all of the oil in the pan BEFORE adding soy sauce, I had regular soy (next time, we will use low like stated). We only used one can of baby corn, and added canned water chestnuts and bean sprouts. We didn't add the green onions, I had bought them and forgot. Which Is why I will def. have everything chopped next time. Also I will add two cups of broccoli next time as that is everyone's favorite veggie come time to order Chinese. I also only used 1 packet of the seasoning. Next time I will def. not use ramen or wait to cook it last. Our noodles were over soft. I'd go with lomain or rice. Overall awesome! Keep in mind my kids like a softer style of cooked veggies so we just kept simmering away and eventually got the texture we wanted. :)"
"WOW - 2,022 mg of sodium! Wonder if you could leave out the seasoning packets & add some other oriental seasonings, for taste? Has anyone tried this idea?"
"making this for long time. A little sesame oil makes a big difference. Sue"
"making this for long time. A little sesame oil makes a big difference."
"We found it bland very bland an Americanized stir fry. (and way too much baby corn) needed some hoisen, hot sauce, and fresh ginger to make sauce acceptable."
"My grocery doesn't carry baby corn, so I substituted 2 cups of frozen corn. Great flavor. Definitely a keeper."
"Good, but we thought there was too much baby corn. I would make it again, but use 1 can."
"Great basis for a stir fry. Don't be afraid to substitute what you have to make this. I used pork ramen and mushrooms in lieu of red pepper and baby corn. It earned rave reviews at our table."