Sirloin Sandwiches Recipe
Mom is always happy to share her cooking, and these tender, tasty beef sandwiches are a real crowd-pleaser. A simple three-ingredient marinade flavors the grilled beef wonderfully. -Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cranberry or apple juice
- 1 boneless beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 envelope beef au jus gravy mix
- 1 dozen French rolls, split
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the soy sauce, oil and juice; mix well. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add the roast to remaining marinade; turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard the marinade. Grill roast, covered, over indirect heat, basting and turning every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until meat reaches desired doneness (for rare, a meat thermometer should read 140°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the grill; let stand for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Thinly slice roast; add to the gravy and heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sirloin Sandwiches
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2012
"I added provolone cheese for a french dip"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC