Mom is always happy to share her cooking, and these tender, tasty beef sandwiches are a real crowd-pleaser. A simple three-ingredient marinade flavors the grilled beef wonderfully. -Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 2 hours + chilling
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup cranberry or apple juice
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 envelope beef au jus gravy mix
- 1 dozen French rolls, split
- In a shallow dish, combine the soy sauce, oil and juice. Remove 1/2 cup for basting. Add the roast to remaining marinade; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill roast, covered, over indirect heat for 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting frequently with reserved marinate. Remove from the grill; let stand for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Thinly slice roast; add to the gravy and heat through. Serve on rolls.