Mom is always happy to share her cooking, and these tender, tasty beef sandwiches are a real crowd-pleaser. A simple three-ingredient marinade flavors the grilled beef wonderfully. -Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Recommended: 50 Dinners for Serious Bread Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cranberry or apple juice
- 1 boneless beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 envelope beef au jus gravy mix
- 1 dozen French rolls, split
- In a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the soy sauce, oil and juice; mix well. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add the roast to remaining marinade; turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard the marinade. Grill roast, covered, over indirect heat, basting and turning every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until meat reaches desired doneness (for rare, a meat thermometer should read 140°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from the grill; let stand for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Thinly slice roast; add to the gravy and heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sirloin Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p35
Reviews forSirloin Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2012
"I added provolone cheese for a french dip"