Sirloin on the Grill
Marinated in onions, beer, mustard and chili sauce, this moist and tender beef boasts a wonderful grilled flavor. Debbi Jahaaski of San Diego, California shares this sure-fire recipe.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the beer, onion, chili sauce, oil, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, pepper sauce and, if desired, Liquid Smoke. Pour 1 cup marinade into a shallow dish; add the beef and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting frequently with reserved marinade.