- 3/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 3/4 pound boneless beef sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the beer, onion, chili sauce, oil, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, pepper sauce and Liquid Smoke if desired. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSirloin on the Grill
"For medium rare steak the temperature should read 125 degrees, not 145 degrees."