My kitchen counter is covered with these crispy crowd-pleasers at Christmastime. I make them for friends and family. I also add them to care packages our church delivers to area senior citizens.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add flour; mix just until combined. Stir in coconut, sesame seeds and almonds. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 2-in.-diameter roll. Wrap each roll in waxed paper, twisting ends to seal. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove waxed paper. Cut dough into 1/4-in. slices; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 183 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Simply Sesames in Country Woman Christmas 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.