Simply Seasoned Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine mustard and honey. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and seasonings. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil and butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 321 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Jun 7, 2012
I have made this recipe twice and really enjoyed it. The chicken is very flavorful.
Apr 29, 2012
Simple to make and yet the flavor is wonderful. My kinda cookin'.
Jul 7, 2011
I used half the mustard and this recipe was excellent! I will definitely make it again!!
Jun 15, 2011
I only used t tbsp of mustard instead of 2 but other than that, I made it as written and it was excellent.
Jun 9, 2011
My family thought it was just ok. I have several other seasoned chicken recipes that I like much better. Glad I tried it but I wouldn't make again.
Jun 8, 2011
Very good recipe. I started this on the stove and then finished the chicken in the oven. I doubled the recipe and have leftovers for salad and chicken dip. Very flavorful. Will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.