- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons milk
- Halved large marshmallows and gumdrops
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency.
- Cut a small hole in a corner of a pastry bag. Insert #20 star pastry tip. Fill bag half full with frosting. Beginning with the outer edge of each cupcake, pipe frosting in thin concentric circles about 1/2 in. apart. Tie a ribbon around each cupcake if desired. Yield: 2 dozen (3 cups frosting).
Reviews forSimply Decorated Cupcakes
"what do you use the martini glass, marshmallows and gumdrops for. I don't see any reference to these items in the recipe."