Spending time in the kitchen has never been my hobby. When I got married and started a family, it became a necessity. This simple by satisfying soup makes me look like a fabulous cook!
Recommended: Classic Homemade Soup Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- In a large saucepan combine the broth, water and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a small saucepan, saute onions in butter over low heat. Stir in the flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper until blended. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into rice mixture. Add chicken and pimientos; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Wild Rice Soup in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p29
Reviews forSimple Wild Rice Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review