Simple Tuna Spread
Salsa is the surprising ingredient in this creamy tuna spread. It gives a unusual spark we enjoy. —Peggy Burdick, Burlington, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and salsa; stir in parsley and onion. Fold in tuna. Refrigerate until serving. Serve on bread, snack rye or crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 42 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Simple Tuna Spread in 1998 Taste of Home Annual Recipes