- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews forSimple Taco Soup
"Thought it was not bad, but not amazing either. Followed the recipe to a T"
"Have not tried it yet, but will tonight. Recheck your nutritional information, it looks off compared to what I found."
"Love it! Added a can of diced tomato and 2 packets of taco seasoning mix!"
"I love this recipe. I double the batch and add an onion (house full of boys). That way we have leftovers for lunch! Add some tortilla chips and you are good to go!"
"I love this recipe!! I have tweaked the recipe a little I dont add the ranch dressing mix, and I do it without beans taste good on corn chips or tortilla chips, I had some on elbow macaroni and it was good!! My husband loves it too!!"
"I make this often and, as with many recipes, I make changes such as adding an onion and not draining the corn before adding it. Sometimes I pour it over rice or pasta and top it with shredded cheese. It's even better the next day and kids like to use tortilla chips as edible spoons."
"http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/homemade-ranch-seasoning-mix/ here is a link to make your own dried ranch mixhttp://allrecipes.com/recipe/222165/homemade-taco-seasoning-mix/ and a homemade taco seasoning mix....eliminate the salt in both and add salt to taste if you are worried about salt consumption"