Simple Taco Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 370 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1369mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein.
Mar 3, 2019
Overall this soup turned out great! My only issue was that the 1 1/2 cups of water was not nearly enough liquid! I ended up adding about double that amount. I substituted beef broth for the water and it was a great addition. I also only used black beans, two cans, and I used a whole bag of frozen corn instead of canned. It was a huge hit with my whole family!
Feb 14, 2019
I've made this before and it's really good. I updated it after awhile though because my husband likes thick soups so I add a can of refried beans in the mix.
Feb 13, 2019
Tocos donot have beans or corn. Stop this crap. Only Put Real things in. Meat , vegys,
Jan 27, 2019
This (sometimes substituting ground turkey for beef) is a favorite 'go to' recipe in our kitchen! Cornbread, made from our new favorite mix, 'Miracle Maize', found at Walmart, makes it a meal!
Jan 25, 2019
Soup is fine but the ranch dressing mix was left out of the the recipe shown. Had to look at the video to confirm that it was in there lol
Jan 21, 2019
Sounds really good, but only one cup exceeds my daily sodium intake.
Jan 18, 2019
Wow, the sodium is off the chart high, make your own taco seasoning and low sodium vegetables and instead of water use no sodium chicken stock as extra flavor, good concept but really high in sodium.
Jan 12, 2019
need nacho chips for a topping
Jan 12, 2019
This soup looks really good but the sodium is over the top. I won't be making this.
Jan 12, 2019
Nice idea but seriously???? ALL packaged processed ingredients and SUPER HIGH SODIUM!!!! The ranch powder is toxic also BTW. I made this using ground turkey breast and substituted all fresh ingredients and was still not great. Better to just make chili. Or tacos even. Throwing it in a pot and calling it soup wasn’t tasty and SO unhealthy. Cmon people let’s feed our children better. Please stop the laziness!