- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) mild chili beans
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews forSimple Taco Soup
"I was not a fan of this recipe. I should have noticed when it called for almost all canned ingredients that it would not be too tasty. Basically you just throw all the ingredients together and hope for the best. I had to add an extra pack of taco seasoning so that this soup could have a better taste then just canned beans and tomatoes. I also added sugar because the ranch dressing adds a sour taste to the soup that I had to cover up and some chili garlic sauce to give it a kick. I would suggest to omit the ranch dressing all together. Matter of fact, throw the whole recipe away and try again."
"First time to make this soup and it was a big hit. I will be making again."
"I make a Taco soup very similar to this(wont go into all the details of my changes) Just one thing more that I add, and haven't seen is : 1 can of sliced Ripe( black) Olives---sounds weird but really tastes good!! My 20 yr old granddaughter had some and she "hey, nice touch grandma! " now her mom has to put them in her soup!1"
"Absolutely love this recipe!! Got it 17 years ago from a neighbor who made it for a baby shower!!"
"Great recipe. I've been making this for years. Love the ranch dressing in it. I top each bowl with cheddar cheese , avocado slices and tortilla chips."
"Love this recipe! However, I usually only cook for my husband and I, and neither one of us are a huge fan of the chunks of tomatoes. To accommodate this, I use a can of tomato juice and tomato sauce. Also, we add chicken broth for extra flavor. Really gives it a warm and comforting taste!"
"I didn't have the original ranch so substituted fiesta ranch and it was delicious ."
"This is an easy and quick recipe that is great for the fall cool weather. I only made substitutions for things I did not have on hand such as making my own ranch dressing mix, replacing stewed tomatoes with diced tomatoes with onion powder, and using chili hot beans instead of the drained pinto beans and can of green chilies. If I had all of the ingredients on hand, I wouldn't have changed anything."