- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews forSimple Taco Soup
"EVERYONE LOVES IT!"
"We love this on cooler nights! We have even made it beforehand and taken it camping. Huge hit around the campfire. We don't add the rotel, or pinto beans, Instead we do petite diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, we also do lite red and dark red kidney beans, black beans and refried beans. Serve it with crushed up tortilla chips on the bottom of the bowl, a sprinkle of shredded mexican blend cheese and a flour soft taco shell on the side. Great meal!"
"Looks great. Suggestion - how about showing the directions using the Instant Pot?"
"WE LOVE THIS soup. The only difference is I put in two cans of ROTEL instead of the stewed tomatoes and no can of chopped chilies. The Rotel is spicy enough. Before serving, I add a handful of crushed nacho chips to bowl, add soup and sprinkle some grated cheese and chopped green onions on top. I make a batch of this in my crock pot and store additional leftover portions in the freezer. easy supper soup & grilled cheese sandwiches."
"I had a friend make this at a get together and it was delicious. She didn't drain any of the ingredients and neither do I. I add my normal spices, garlic, onion, Tony's creole, salt and pepper. Plus the ranch and taco season. Perfect fall and winter meal. It was cooler in my area so I had to make it."
"Thought it was not bad, but not amazing either. Followed the recipe to a T"
"Have not tried it yet, but will tonight. Recheck your nutritional information, it looks off compared to what I found."
"Love it! Added a can of diced tomato and 2 packets of taco seasoning mix!"
"I love this recipe. I double the batch and add an onion (house full of boys). That way we have leftovers for lunch! Add some tortilla chips and you are good to go!"
"I love this recipe!! I have tweaked the recipe a little I dont add the ranch dressing mix, and I do it without beans taste good on corn chips or tortilla chips, I had some on elbow macaroni and it was good!! My husband loves it too!!"