- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) mild chili beans
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews forSimple Taco Soup
"This is an easy and quick recipe that is great for the fall cool weather. I only made substitutions for things I did not have on hand such as making my own ranch dressing mix, replacing stewed tomatoes with diced tomatoes with onion powder, and using chili hot beans instead of the drained pinto beans and can of green chilies. If I had all of the ingredients on hand, I wouldn't have changed anything."
"This soup is excellent! A handful of grated cheddar on top and it really was perfection."
"EVERYONE LOVES IT!"
"We love this on cooler nights! We have even made it beforehand and taken it camping. Huge hit around the campfire. We don't add the rotel, or pinto beans, Instead we do petite diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, we also do lite red and dark red kidney beans, black beans and refried beans. Serve it with crushed up tortilla chips on the bottom of the bowl, a sprinkle of shredded mexican blend cheese and a flour soft taco shell on the side. Great meal!"
"Looks great. Suggestion - how about showing the directions using the Instant Pot?"
"WE LOVE THIS soup. The only difference is I put in two cans of ROTEL instead of the stewed tomatoes and no can of chopped chilies. The Rotel is spicy enough. Before serving, I add a handful of crushed nacho chips to bowl, add soup and sprinkle some grated cheese and chopped green onions on top. I make a batch of this in my crock pot and store additional leftover portions in the freezer. easy supper soup & grilled cheese sandwiches."
"I had a friend make this at a get together and it was delicious. She didn't drain any of the ingredients and neither do I. I add my normal spices, garlic, onion, Tony's creole, salt and pepper. Plus the ranch and taco season. Perfect fall and winter meal. It was cooler in my area so I had to make it."
"Thought it was not bad, but not amazing either. Followed the recipe to a T"
"Have not tried it yet, but will tonight. Recheck your nutritional information, it looks off compared to what I found."