- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews forSimple Taco Soup
"I did not make this recipe as stated, as I have been making my taco soup different. After sauteeing the Hamburg, I add one large chopped onion with 2-3 cloves garlic, minced. One to 2 cans diced tomatoes with or without green chilies, stewed tomato are great also. Add to this one to 2 pkgs. Taco seasoning. Now add one to 2 cans of black beans, and same amount of canned corn, or frozen corn. Add salt and pepper to taste and enough water to make the soup just right. Simmer for approx. half hour. I used to make this for my sister's restaurant in Wyoming 20 years ago. Everybody loves it! Please be sure to drain corn and beans. No need to rinse. Some times I add some chili powder also."
"Wonderful flavor, cook it all the time even in Summer!"
"This is a great recipe!"
"This is great!!! ??"
"I was not a fan of this recipe. I should have noticed when it called for almost all canned ingredients that it would not be too tasty. Basically you just throw all the ingredients together and hope for the best. I had to add an extra pack of taco seasoning so that this soup could have a better taste then just canned beans and tomatoes. I also added sugar because the ranch dressing adds a sour taste to the soup that I had to cover up and some chili garlic sauce to give it a kick. I would suggest to omit the ranch dressing all together. Matter of fact, throw the whole recipe away and try again."
"First time to make this soup and it was a big hit. I will be making again."
"I make a Taco soup very similar to this(wont go into all the details of my changes) Just one thing more that I add, and haven't seen is : 1 can of sliced Ripe( black) Olives---sounds weird but really tastes good!! My 20 yr old granddaughter had some and she "hey, nice touch grandma! " now her mom has to put them in her soup!1"
"Absolutely love this recipe!! Got it 17 years ago from a neighbor who made it for a baby shower!!"
"Great recipe. I've been making this for years. Love the ranch dressing in it. I top each bowl with cheddar cheese , avocado slices and tortilla chips."