Simple Sweet ‘n’ Tangy Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (3/4 in. thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Mix beer, ketchup and brown sugar. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Add beer mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 1-2 minutes. Remove chops from pan; keep warm.
- Return sauce to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve over pork.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 432 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
May 22, 2018
This is a super simple recipe my family enjoyed. I doubled the recipe for the sauce which was a good thing or it may not have been enough. Loved that it was all simple ingredients most people have on hand. If you are concerned about the “tangy” part in my opinion it really wasn’t. Good dish, easily paired with traditional sides.
Apr 30, 2018
Pros:Easy to prepareRequires only a handful of ingredientsLooks appetizingComes together quickly (no more than 30 minutes)What I would do differently next time:I didn't feel the sauce part of the recipe made enough to really flavor the chops so I would definitely double this part of the dish.I used beer and felt the flavor would've been better by using the beef broth.
Jan 31, 2017
These were quick and easy to prepare. I love skillet dishes that cook up in mere minutes.
May 15, 2010
So simple and easy to make, using ingredients that everyone has on hand. The pork chops were moist and flavorful. I added more salt and pepper for flavor. Everything was made in the skillet, so it was easy to clean up.
Mar 4, 2010
The sauce was too thin and never thickened up.
Apr 16, 2009