Simple Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Mix beer, ketchup and brown sugar. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- 2. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Add beer mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 145°, about 10 minutes. Remove chops from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Bring pan juices to a boil; cook and stir until mixture is thickened to desired consistency. Serve over pork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop: 370 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Simple Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops
"The sauce was too thin and never thickened up."