Just five ingredients are all that's needed for these tender chops. Whenever I serve these to company, they get rave reviews and recipe requests. —Jami Ouellette, Houston, Texas.
Recommended: 17 Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes for Busy Days
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (3/4 in. thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Mix beer, ketchup and brown sugar. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Add beer mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 1-2 minutes. Remove chops from pan; keep warm.
- Return sauce to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve over pork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p15
Reviews forSimple Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2010
"The sauce was too thin and never thickened up."
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2009