- 1/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (3/4 in. thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Mix beer, ketchup and brown sugar. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown chops on both sides. Add beer mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 1-2 minutes. Remove chops from pan; keep warm.
- Return sauce to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve over pork. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSimple Sweet 'n' Tangy Pork Chops
"The sauce was too thin and never thickened up."