Simple Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, cucumber, broccoli, raisins, bacon, almonds, mushrooms and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 155 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 23, 2011
Since I did not have the raisins, broccoli, mushrooms, red onion, and almonds on hand, I added some fresh cherry tomatoes. This made the recipe even quicker to make. The dressing is wonderful. I will add the ingredients to my shopping list and make this salad again. My husband and my 16-year-old son liked it, too. It's a keeper!