- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in shrimp. Remove to a bowl and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add eggs; cook and stir until completely set. Stir in the shrimp mixture, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSimple Shrimp Scramble
"Added ham to the recipe to give it an extra something, if I had salsa that would have been a perfect addition to top it with! Thank you for sharing"