- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- In a Dutch oven, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in butter until tender. Add the tomatoes, garlic, bay leaves, salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and water until smooth; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp, Worcestershire and hot pepper sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in green onions and parsley. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSimple Shrimp Creole
"I have made this a couple of times and wow! It is delicious and so easy to make! It is a hit in my family. I had lost the recipe and I came back to find it on the internet. Thank goodness I found it. It is going in my recipe box online so I will know where to find it!! Ya'll enjoy!!!"