Simple Raspberry Cherry Pie
The simple combination of raspberries and cherries is the delectable difference in this pie. My family prefers it with a lattice crust, but feel free to top it any way you like. —Fern Buffington, Traer, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup pitted fresh, frozen or canned tart cherries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine raspberries and cherries. Stir in the sugar, tapioca and lemon juice. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Line pie plate with bottom crust; add the filling. Dot with butter. Top with a lattice crust.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350°. Bake 30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 438 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Cherry Pie in Crafting Traditions Premiere 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.