Simple Raspberry Cherry Pie
The simple combination of raspberries and cherries is the delectable difference in this pie. My family prefers it with a lattice crust, but feel free to top it any way you like. —Fern Buffington, Traer, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 cup pitted fresh, frozen or canned tart cherries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine raspberries and cherries. Stir in the sugar, tapioca and lemon juice. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Line pie plate with bottom crust; add the filling. Dot with butter. Top with a lattice crust.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350°. Bake 30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 438 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Cherry Pie in Crafting Traditions Premiere 1995