- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 7 cups torn romaine
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, cheese and garlic powder; cover and process until combined. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Place romaine in a salad bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSimple Mock Caesar Salad
"If you're in a major hurry or hate to stand in the kitchen, this version is a good choice! I have made it a number of times over the years and it's well-accepted. If you feel like it, add whatever else you want. As is, it's lightening fast!"
"This was delicious. I could not tell the difference between traditional ceasar salad. I blended the dressing in my Vitamix blender between speed 1~5. The apple cider vinegar really took the place of the lemon juice well. I added peeled chopped cucumbers and Trader Joes croutons. TY"