For a taste of summer sunshine, Marana, Arizona’s Marian Bauerle whips up this quick, refreshing salad. “It’s pretty enough to double as a dessert,” she notes. “Peach yogurt and coconut really dress up the canned fruit cocktail.” TIP: LEFTOVER MINI MARSHMALLOWS CAN BE ADDED TO HOMEMADE TRAIL MIX OR A BOWL OF CEREAL OR USED AS A TOPPING FOR A BAKED SWEET POTATO ALONG WITH BUTTER AND CINNAMON.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup peach yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 maraschino cherries, optional
- In a bowl, combine the fruit cocktail, banana and marshmallows. Combine yogurt and mayonnaise until blended; add to fruit mixture and stir to coat. Spoon into individual dishes; top with coconut and a cherry if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marshmallow Fruit Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p37
Reviews forSimple Marshmallow Fruit Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2017
"I made thus to the specific directions,but left out the mayo.I used 2 Tablespoons of vanilla Greek yogurt. This was a hit at a potluck at work."