When the tomatoes are ripe and fresh from the garden, this salad just can't be beat. Basil and lemon-pepper make a fine seasoning combination.—Monica Wilcott, Sturgis, Saskatchewan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place tomato slices in a shallow serving dish; sprinkle with basil. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over tomatoes. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p41
Reviews forSimple Marinated Tomatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2017
"Really easy to put together. Needed to marinate longer than what I did. But I would definitely make again."