Simple Marinated Tomatoes
When the tomatoes are ripe and fresh from the garden, this salad just can't be beat. Basil and lemon-pepper make a fine seasoning combination.—Monica Wilcott, Sturgis, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 3 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place tomato slices in a shallow serving dish; sprinkle with basil. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over tomatoes. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 58 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Tomatoes in Taste of Home June/July 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.