- 2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 medium lemons, cut into slices
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. glass serving bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, lemons and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over shrimp mixture and stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forSimple Marinated Shrimp
"Best Ever. Must do often. D"
"Totally WOW! A first I didn't think onions & shrimp were good together: Boy was I wrong! My guests loved it. I did leave out the olives because I didn't have any in the house (next time I'll try it with them).Thanks Margaret :)"
"It is quite elegant in an ice bowl. Everyone fancies me a proffesional when I make it."
"Not sure what the fuss is all about. My husband and I love shrimp and found this to be totally inedible. The flavors did not compliment each other at all."
"Made this for Christmas Eve! WOW! Totally worth making! Allow time to marinate overnight, if you can wait that long!"
"Perfect for the 90+ degree weather we're having! Served on a bed of baby spinace as a side salad to a Mexican dish with a kick. Great compliment!"
"This is a fantastic make-ahead appetizer. Super simple to make and tastes great!"
"I made this dish for an office Christmas party and everyone raved about it. It makes an impressive presentation with the beautiful colors and aroma. The president of the company asked me for the recipe! It's a snap to prepare and I'll be making this again and again."