Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas shares this tart medley that puts mushrooms in the spotlight. The salad is well-coated with a vinaigrette made with Dijon mustard, vinegar and herbs.
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 pitted ripe olives, halved
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and olives; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Mushroom Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2005, p 39
Reviews forSimple Marinated Mushroom Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2014
"Great flavor to the dressing. I preferred the salad room temperature than refrigerated."