Simple Marinated Green Beans
"On warm Indian summer days, I like to prepare fast and fuss-free dishes that don't require heating up the kitchen," relates Sheryl Schmedeman from Spokane, Washington. This tasty side dish makes the most of garden-fresh green beans.
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the beans, salad dressing and onion. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with cheese.
1/2 cup: 113 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC