"On warm Indian summer days, I like to prepare fast and fuss-free dishes that don't require heating up the kitchen," relates Sheryl Schmedeman from Spokane, Washington. This tasty side dish makes the most of garden-fresh green beans.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water and drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the beans, salad dressing and onion. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Green Beans in Country Woman September/October 2004, p37