- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Reserve 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; add chicken and turn to coat. Seal or cover; refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Grill 6-8 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting with the reserved marinade and turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSimple Maple Mustard Chicken
"Great flavor good color-grilled great-really enjoyed it. Truly a keeper."
"Love marinated grilled chicken breast and this was one of the best marinades we've tried! Looking forward to making this regularly!"
"I really liked the flavor of the sauce, but the tapioca made it the consistency of snot - not appetizing. I won't be making this again, but if I did I would eliminate the tapioca and thicken the sauce with flour or cornstarch instead."