Simple Maple-Glazed Carrots Recipe
Carrots are my favorite vegetable, so I'm always searching for different ways to prepare them. This festive dish is quick to make and nicely complements the turkey.
- 12 medium carrots, peeled and julienned*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add carrot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and heated through.
- 3. Drain carrots; top with glaze and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 205 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Simple Maple-Glazed Carrots
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC