Simple Maple-Glazed Carrots
Carrots are my favorite vegetable, so I'm always searching for different ways to prepare them. This festive dish is quick to make and nicely complements the turkey.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 12 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain carrots; transfer to a serving bowl. Pour glaze over carrots; gently stir to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 205 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Maple-Glazed Carrots in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.