VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 medium carrots, peeled and julienned*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add 1 in. of water to a large saucepan; add carrot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and heated through.
- Drain carrots; top with glaze and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Maple-Glazed Carrots in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p130
Reviews forSimple Maple-Glazed Carrots
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review