Simple Manicotti Recipe
I found this recipe in a cookbook from my mother's hometown. Since everyone there is a good cook, I knew this would be terrific. One taste proved me right!—Pam Clemens, Wimbledon, North Dakota
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 14 large manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup spaghetti sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes. Set 1/2 cup aside. Add cheese to the remaining meat mixture.
- 2. Stuff into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine remaining spaghetti sauce and reserved meat mixture; pour over shells.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
1 each: 415 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Simple Manicotti
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2012
"The recipe just seemed to need something extra."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC