Simple Mama Arnold's Honey Pie Recipe
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs and honey until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in the pecans, vanilla and nutmeg.
- 2. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 418 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Simple Mama Arnold's Honey Pie
"I really loved the flavor, texture and simplicity of this recipe. However, the recipe only made enough filling to half fill a nine inch pie crust! It was pretty disappointing in that respect, so next time I will double the filling amount.Also, I added lemon zest to it which was a nice counterpoint to how sweet it was."