- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs and honey until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in the pecans, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSimple Mama Arnold's Honey Pie
"I really loved the flavor, texture and simplicity of this recipe. However, the recipe only made enough filling to half fill a nine inch pie crust! It was pretty disappointing in that respect, so next time I will double the filling amount.Also, I added lemon zest to it which was a nice counterpoint to how sweet it was."