"For a bridal shower or summer buffet, this colorful crunchy chicken salad is a perfect choice," notes Pat Stevens, field editor from Granbury, Texas.
Recommended: 30 Satisfying Protein-Packed Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 to 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups each torn Bibb, leaf and iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, green pepper, pickle relish, carrot and pimientos. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Combine the lettuces; place on a serving platter or individual salad plates. Top with chicken salad, cheese, grapes, oranges and almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Luncheon Chicken Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p8
Reviews forSimple Luncheon Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 27, 2014
"Delicious for a hot summer night with good bakery rolls."