Simple Lemon Curd
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- In the top of a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in lemon juice, butter and lemon zest. Cook over simmering water for 15 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 110 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 23, 2014
very sweet tart will enjoy
Dec 2, 2008
I'm so glad I found this recipe...Thank you for supplying it to everyone.
Apr 7, 2008
I found lemon curd in the grocery store, but it has Yellow 5 in it, and I rather have some without it. Now I can make it myself! Thank You
Mar 25, 2008
Thank you for sharing this recipe. No one that I talked to had ever heard of lemon curd! Thank you very much.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.