"While the fish is marinating, I toss together a big bowl of Italian Spinach Salad," Judy relates. "Prepared Italian dressing makes this twist on traditional wilted spinach salad simple ti fix. I usually have a hard-cooked egg ready in the refrigerator, and the dressing just takes seconds to heat."
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large salad bowl, toss spinach, onion, egg and bacon. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat salad dressing on high for 30-45 seconds or until warm. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p16
Reviews forSimple Italian Spinach Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2015
"A solid performer that is easy to put together on short notice when I'm out of fresh mushrooms and tomatoes. :-)"