Simple Italian Spinach Salad
"While the fish is marinating, I toss together a big bowl of Italian Spinach Salad," Judy relates. "Prepared Italian dressing makes this twist on traditional wilted spinach salad simple ti fix. I usually have a hard-cooked egg ready in the refrigerator, and the dressing just takes seconds to heat."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large salad bowl, toss spinach, onion, egg and bacon. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat salad dressing on high for 30-45 seconds or until warm. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 108 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Italian Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.