Simple Italian Pasta Salad
When it comes to pleasing a crowd at a potluck, my change-of-pace pasta salad does the trick. The colorful medley combines pasta, veggies, cheeses and pepperoni for a refreshing and filling side dish that everyone is sure to love.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- Drain artichoke hearts and tomatoes, reserving liquids. Chop artichokes and tomatoes; set aside.
- Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, cheeses, pepperoni, basil, oregano, onion mixture, artichokes and tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine the reserved liquids. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 305 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Italian Pasta Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.