Simple Italian Pasta Salad
When it comes to pleasing a crowd at a potluck, my change-of-pace pasta salad does the trick. The colorful medley combines pasta, veggies, cheeses and pepperoni for a refreshing and filling side dish that everyone is sure to love.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- Drain artichoke hearts and tomatoes, reserving liquids. Chop artichokes and tomatoes; set aside.
- Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, cheeses, pepperoni, basil, oregano, onion mixture, artichokes and tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine the reserved liquids. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.