Simple Italian Orange Roughy
"This dish is delicious, foolproof and very low in fat. I prepare it on weeknights when I need a quick supper, but I've also used it for company meals, says Michelle Haerr from Eureka, Illinois. "The Italian tomatoes and lemon-pepper seasoning give the mild fillets a little zest."
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- Arrange fish fillets in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt. Cover with onion and celery. Top with tomatoes. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 145 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Italian Orange Roughy in Light & Tasty February/March 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.